Saturday, January 30, 2010

Catching Up

I moved the tall bookcase (that was in front of the fireplace) into the entryway, opening up space in the dining room. It works for now.

I've been concentrating on keeping the table clear (when not in use) and keeping the kitchen cleaned up at night (since it opens up into the dining room). That's about all I CAN do in this room for now.

Got to get back to taking baby steps to dig out of all this clutter. Somewhere along the way I forgot about my January challenge (to myself) to get rid of 5 items a day. Do I have ADD? If I don't write it down and read it on a daily basis, I don't even remember what I was doing/working on.

Went shopping at several Goodwill stores with my daughters today. They have 50% off everything every other Saturday. I don't buy anything unless I can use it NOW and I have a PLACE to put it. This is a big step for me. I let myself feel the joy in discovering a great deal, a beautiful or cute thing, a good organizational tool, or something that brings back fond memories without having to buy it.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you can enjoy shopping AND resist the temptation to buy AND STILL ENJOY YOURSELF!!

    ReplyDelete