Monday, January 18, 2010

When Hubby Had a Day Off

Hubby told me he wanted to get the second computer TODAY. We talked about where to put it, in this room that had no space available. I knew that some things had to go. I was willing to let go ... of some of them. I told him he could just throw away the aluminum buffet burner set. He said, "No! It's new!"

Yes, some parts of it were new, and some were old. I told him that I didn't care if he threw it away. He said, "no!"

He brought the new indoor grill we recieved as a Christmas gift (it's still in the box) into the kitchen. He asked if I wanted to use it sometime. "Yes," I answered, "I want to use it sometime."
He looked around for a place to put it. Of course there wasn't any place. As he looked, he found more of the buffet burners and more new inserts for it. I thought it was hilarious that I had some in a cupboard and didn't know it. He didn't.

Hubby opened the one door upper cabinet and laughed when he saw what all was stuck inside of it. At first he put it all back inside and closed the door. Later he returned to the cabinet and took everything out. I saw him carrying a silk plant in a basket and some silk flowers I use in my spring decorating, through the kitchen. I asked him where he was going with them. He said he was going to put them in "the room."

"The room" is our converted back porch that is not air tight. Things get dirty and dusty out there if they are not covered up. He must have read my expression. He said, "you can always clean them later." I entered "the room" to get something out of the freezer and saw that the whole room was grower smaller and smaller. I had to get out quick, I was becoming clasustrophobic!

He moved the Banker's Boxes that were neatly stacked in two columns (with the labels facing outward) into a clump right in front of the breakfast bar (kitchen counter area) where our phone is.

The dining room chairs are up against the bar stools on one side and almost to the humongous corner desk on the other side.

I won't be able to deal with the close quarters in this room for very long. Will have to see what I can do to make some changes .... tomorrow. There's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment