Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Day in the Life of a Hoarder

Today was 50% off everything at Goodwill stores (occurs every other Saturday). I went to one to have a look around. Found hubby a large glass mug to drink his rootbeer in. I also came home with a book, three picture frames, a framed scripture verse and a picture I bought for my grandsons.

Washed and put the mug to use right away. Stuck it in the freezer, just like they do at A&W restaurants, before pouring the soda in to it. Two cans didn't quite fill it. Maybe it's a bit too big of a mug. But I got it for half off.

Pulled the three picture frames out of the bag and took them to my dining room. I noticed immediately that they were not the right size for the photos I thought I'd put in them. Uh oh, well, I put them back into the bag for now and set them in a box.

Started reading the book. It's facinating! Will be a good resource for our journey to health and weight loss. Except the part I read about how drinking diet soda actually increases your risk for obesity. That's what we drink. Diet rootbeer. Uh oh, now I'm thinking about the GREAT BIG glass mug I just bought hubby and how it takes at least two cans of DIET soda to fill it up ...

Set the picture for my grandsons against the wall. I'll drop if off for them tomorrow or the next day. Set the framed scripture verse next to it. The colors and the frame will be perfect somewhere in our house. Just have to fugure out where. In the meantime, it will be right here so I can see it all the time and won't forget that I have it.

Like the bagged items I found earlier today. One of them was even in a Goodwill bag! It was rather thrilling to find them : ) almost like I saw them for the very first time. Sigh, they could have been forgotten where they were for a long time. Guess it's a good thing I dropped a ring on the floor and couldn't find it. I had to dig around in all the stuff that was around on the floor. Who would've thought that in this battered box, under a pile of clothes, would be several bags of treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment