Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Been "out-of-it" as far as working on decluttering : (

Pulled out my Hope for the Helpless Messie book this afternoon. It's written in The Twelve Steps format.

Asked hubby how my clutter was affecting him TODAY. He said it wasn't ...wasn't affecting him anymore than any other day. He admitted he has clutter too but I have much more.

I told him that I am affected by my own clutter and I need help. I need him to help me and work alongside me. I asked if we could come up with some rules (guidelines) regarding this. He was all for it. His number one was: stop buying things! His number two I would not accept (to not buy anymore Banker's Boxes).

I added two rules to the list: No one can be FORCED to get rid of any one something and We will converse with"gentle words" while working together.

Then I organized our colored pencil drawer. I took all the contents out, threw away the pencil shavings that were in the bottom, separated the very short pencils and placed them into snack size baggies. (Throwing them away was not even an option for me) I rubberbanded the grease pencils into one bunch and put everything back into the drawer.

Hope to be able to report that I did SOMETHING else ...

No comments:

Post a Comment