Sunday, March 28, 2010

The Shoe Is On The Other Foot Now

My husband was offered a set of hand crafted cabinets & shelves. They are very nice (and quite large). We have them in our living room. I really like them ... but I feel claustrophobic now. Have to get rid of some furniture in here! I am tempted to say, "They're TOO BIG. We need to let them go," but alas I cannot. For all these many years, my dear husband has adapted to all the things I have brought into our home. He has willingly moved furniture around and accepted cramped quarters because of my impulses. I think I owe him some of his own.

I asked him to "consider" a different set up for our computers (one that didn't take up half of the dining room). He was not willing to consider that ... at least not today.

After all these years I am ready to create wide open space in our home. I was looking forward to an open dining area ... but I AM the one who wanted to have both computers brought in here as well. He found a screaming deal on an "L shaped" computer desk and hutch. It was just too big to fit in the corner that he thought it would. It now cuts the room in half.

Because of this computer center, I am brainstorming to try to save my dining room table and china hutch. If I don't accomplish MAJOR decluttering and downsizing, I may lose one or both of them.

1 comment: