Monday, June 7, 2010

Free to Be Me

This isn't about decluttering (tangible objects) but it is about decluttering my mind. I had an amazing afternoon on Sunday. I picked up my granddaughters and brought them to my house with a purpose and a plan. We stopped at the grocery store first and bought a cake mix and some disposable pans.

At my house I helped them (they did most of it on their own) bake a cake for their mother (each girl made her own cake). After they cooled, they frosted them. In the meantime they made cards for their Mommy, thanking her for going to work to take care of them. My daughter is a single parent.

I delighted in every moment with my precious granddaughters.

So, what's new or different about this day? I wasn't anxious about any part of it. I wasn't consumed with thoughts about why it wouldn't work or why I couldn't do it. It was perfect. It was fun. Every detail went smoothly. THAT'S the difference.

Was it possible BECAUSE I've been decluttering and there was "clear space" to do this? No, that's not it. Somehow during this process that I'm in, whatever it was that kept me distant (distracted?) and weary because I was always feeling overwhelmed ... whatever that was, that was gone. I felt free.

I feel like I'm beginning to live the life I want to live. I am becoming who I want to be.

1 comment:

  1. I'm jumping up and down with joy for you!!
    (Better that you don't actually SEE me doing this!!)
    What a gift you are to yourself, your granddaughters and your daughter! I don't think it gets much better than that!

    ReplyDelete