Monday, June 7, 2010

Another Milestone Along The Way

I don't know how many years she's been waiting to hear this, but her very words rang in my ears last night. My good friend, offered to help me do some decluttering many years ago. She willingly came into my abode and tried to coach and encourage me to let go of some things (I had invited her to come).

One of the things I can remember her talking to me about was my "scrap paper" box. It was a rather large box (I clearly realize now!) ... probably the size of a white Banker's Box. She asked me if I could use a smaller box. She gently told me that I would never be in want of scrap paper. As a matter of fact, she said it seems to just appear on a regular basis. It comes to us in the mail and we make it ourselves in our homes.

Last night I thought of my "scrap paper" drawer (yes, a drawer) and how it was so hard to open and close now because it was crammed full of papers. I decided I wanted to use that drawer for another purpose so I dumped out all the paper inside of it, onto my table. I started to compile a stack of just SOME of the paper to keep ... and that's when her words rang in my ears. I could hear her loud and clear ask me just how much scrap paper did I really need?

I will have to let her know that, this time, her question made me smile. I threw away most of that pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment