Friday, May 14, 2010

50 Days to Go

Insights I've had during this "silent" time:

1. I am holding onto things (items) that remind me of a "good" feeling. For instance, I had three dried roses in my kitchen window. I received these beautiful roses from three of my grandsons on my last birthday. I dried them and kept them ...because... they meant that someone LOVED me. Someone valued me enough to give them to me. My grandson's gave them to me... so that means that I'm a lovable Grandmother. Once I realized that, I knew that I didn't need to keep these roses any longer. I KNOW my grandsons love me. I KNOW I'm a loving (lovable) Grandmother.

2. The LORD wants me to "cherish" things that remind me about Him and what He's done or is doing in my life. He is the one who gives me my worth and He is the one who loves me unconditionally.

AND Today ... I now KNOW that I do not need to keep all the books I have, I CAN'T keep them all (don't have room for them). And I'm motivated to let them go.

I am first gathering my books from all corners of the house and categorizing them. Many of them have already had this done. It's the books that are laying by my bed, piled on top of something, lain here or there, stuck away in an unmarked box, or even put on a bottom shelf somewhere out of sight (just for now).

I am a Grandmother, yes, but I do not need to keep ALL my children's books anymore. I will invite my adult children to come and take any that they'd like to have, save a FEW for my house and the rest will leave.

I will be selling books at a homeschool used curriculum and book sale next Saturday (the 15th). I will be working to gather teaching materials together and box them up for this sale : )

For the first time in my life I KNOW that what I need is not more bookcases ... but less books! My family has been telling me this for years, but just like an addict, I had to REALIZE this for myself. I can do ALL THINGS through Christ who strengthens me. It is His work in me.

1 comment:

  1. I'd enjoy hearing how the book sale goes? Hopefully you did not come home with more books!!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete