Wednesday, May 26, 2010

37 Days to Go

Today I've been sorting and purging in the office/workroom. I'm getting a good chuckle out of the files and files I made (and still have) from 1992 and on ... So far I've gone through two boxes of Homeschool Resources. I don't remember now, but I could easily bet that once those fliers, catalogs and magazines were put in those boxes, I never looked at them again !!

I decided to hold onto the "Homeschooling" magazines. I will take them with me to the next used curriculum sale I plan to sell at, and put them out for free. There just may be someone like me. Someone who compulsively gathers information.

I thought I needed to buy another pack of the white banker's boxes. I use them to put things in that I plan to keep. Or in the case of a first time through sort, I will put things into boxes according to categories. When I come to trash, I don't stash ... : ) I just throw it away. However, now that I've been purging, I have a few empty boxes. My dear husband will be very glad that I am actually reusing my own boxes !

I found a handbook that contained a summary written by my small group leader (who happens to be one of my very dear friends) . I read what she wrote about our little group of homeschooling moms and it brought back warm and fuzzy feelings. I set it aside and thought I'd give it to her. I don't know if she'll have the same reaction. I was happy with the fact that I don't have to KEEP it myself : ) And by the way, its from back in the early 1990's.

I also came upon a little packet I had made up for this small group. I had gathered statistics and typed up the ages of all of our children, the curriculum each family was using, a chart that displayed the curriculum in use, tips offered by moms and some fun trivia about each child (given by the moms) as an ice breaker for our kids to get to know each other better. I enjoyed looking at it. : )

I did find some brochures about curriculum I plan to sell this summer. I was glad to find those. I will use them in marketing the items : )

No comments:

Post a Comment