Tuesday, May 25, 2010

39 days to go

We have bankers boxes in our living room. They came from our old van (one of our storage places). Hubby decided it was time to list the van for sale, but I digress.

I moved some of the boxes to a different wall. I'm a master at moving things around in a room. Made a difference. Now it doesn't look so crowded in there.

We have a (new to us) set of wall units in our living room. I am using the shelves for .... you guessed it, places to put bankers boxes as I continue to sort and purge. I had to remind my husband that each of these boxes is LABELED on one side, and how important it is that the label side is showing.

I was able to move some of the boxes of books into the living room, thus clearing up more of our dining room table.

I can only stand disorder for so long ...gotta be able to see out of windows too.

One time a gal, who is also a cluttered person, came into my house (horrors !!) She commented that I am very organized and neat with my clutter though. Hmmm, I had never considered that about all my stuff.

Now, let me set the record straight. There are areas of my house that are NOT neat and organized !! Far from it (like the side of my bed, but that's another story). In my imagination, in my "perfect world" everything would have a home in a little drawer (or the size for it to fit in) and .... yep, the drawers would probably be labeled.

Today at my counseling appointment, my counselor suggested that I put one of the books I am keeping in the wrong section ... on purpose ... as an action against my OCD. I thought about it, told him I couldn't do that. I asked him how I would be able to find it. He said, well you have ALOT of books that you never look at anyway (and didn't remember you had). Hmmm, was that really therapeutic? I get his point, but it gave me an attitude.

1 comment: