Friday, May 21, 2010

43 days to go

Gathering and sorting homeschooling books. This is hard. I've had mixed feelings.

GUILTY when I came to something that I never did get around to use.

GUILTY when it's something that I told my husband I just "had to have" (even though it was over our budget) and I didn't use it.

HAPPY / SAD when I came to something we used and really enjoyed. Lots of fond memories would surface as I thought about us studying this topic or subject.

CONFUSED when I'd come to something that I should have already used with Julianne and wondered if I'd be able to include it this coming year.

I was thankful that Bob was willing to listen to me and all my emotions. He told me that if I was really struggling over the decision, I didn't have to sell that item now. Isn't he wonderful? Yes, he is !

I will be selling at a homeschool used curriculum and book sale tomorrow. I spoke to a friend who will be bringing some materials to sell as well. She asked me how it was going for me. I told her that I was struggling. She said she understood and we could cry together, tomorrow. It's been several years since she retired (from instructing her kids at home) . Guess it's emotional no matter how much time passes.

1 comment: