Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas planning

I have a handmade notebook with forms I've made to "organize" Christmas.

One of the forms is to record who we receive Christmas cards from and who we send them to. I have columns (after the name of who I sent to) for checking off codes. There's a column to check if I send them a family newsletter inside their card, another column to check if I send them a picture and a column to indicate whether I mailed the card or hand delivered it to them.

I have a roster with all the addresses and the updated (new) addresses. I think the old addresses are still there too. Don't know why I keep those, just do.

I have several forms to plot out what stores I plan (or still need) to shop for gifts at. There is a chart to list what gifts I have purchased and for whom. I keep planning pages from Christmas Eve's past (that's when we have all of our kids and grandkids over to our house for dinner and give them the gifts from us). I list the menu and beverages served.

I wish I would have thought of writing down the gifts I gave them a long time ago (for their birthdays too). One year my grandson opened one of his birthday gifts from us, it was a DVD, and he told me that he already had it ... and we had given it to him!

I have aluminum buffet trays and warmers ... somewhere. We use them on Christmas Eve and also on New Year's Eve. I haven't seen them in awhile. I wonder if I got rid of them last year ??
Did they finally wear out? I don't remember ...

No comments:

Post a Comment