Saturday, December 5, 2009

For the Love of a Box

My brother and I were the last ones to leave the park after a family reunion. We made sure all the trash was thrown away. There was a big empty cardboard box sitting on one of the benches. Earlier in the day it was packed with chicken from El Pollo Loco.

I admired the box. It was sturdy. It had handles (holes) on both sides. It had a lid that flipped up. It was clean (no stains inside). I was tempted to take it.

I carried the box over to where my things were gathered. I said to my brother, "Here's a good box." He agreed.

The box was larger than a Banker's Box which meant that it would not stack uniformily with my other boxes. As much as I admired the box, I was able to leave it.

Later that evening, I mentioned the box to my mother. She said she had seen the box and SHE had thought about taking it home too. She said it was a very good box.

My aunt said if she had seen the box, she probably would have taken it. She said she could use a good box. If we weren't so far away from the park now, one of us might have gone to see if the box was still there.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, those good boxes...I'd like to think it found another home where it WOULD "stack uniformly" with other boxes!! ;)

    ReplyDelete