Friday, December 4, 2009

A Bad Day

Had a really bad day yesterday but it was the bad day that birthed the good day I had today.

My daughter started clearing the dining room (of my clutter) to make a place for our Christmas tree. I was away from home. When I came home and walked into the dining room I saw some open space. At first I liked seeing the space, but all too quickly I realized WHY there was open space. Something (a lot of somethings) were gone!

I looked into our office/work room/library/storage/etc ... room. That's what I was afraid of !! Everything she had moved was put into one side of the room -- the side where my scrapbooking materials are and the file cabinets. I could no longer walk into this area with the boxes everywhere.

I did not react well. I got mad. I vented. I left home. I went to a store and looked around. I tried to find SOMETHING to buy to make me happy. Didn't find anything that I really wanted to spend money on. Shopping just to make myself happy has lost it's joy (which is a GOOD thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment