Friday, May 20, 2011

Get Rid of the Guilt

I borrowed a reading curriculum from a friend many years ago ... at least 10 years ago, I believe.

When I was finished with it, I passed it on to another friend to use. Some time later, I found parts of the set that had been "lost" in my abyss of homeschooling stuff. By that time the second friend was about ready to return the set to the original owner ... BUT she was in the process of a move. She asked me to keep the parts until the move was complete.

YEARS later, I still had the parts. I finally boxed them up and labeled the box. I kept the box for another year or two, hoping to see the original owner of the set. She no longer lived close by.

Two months ago I put the labeled box in the back of my van. IF I should run into the owner, I would have the box with me.

Last week, I dropped off a donation of homeschooling curriculum at a resource center. I also donated the labeled box. It is not a complete set of reading curriculum, but just maybe, someone is looking for the items in the box.

What a relief to get rid of that heavy burden of guilt.

Do you have any laying around? Give it away today!



No comments:

Post a Comment