Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Open Space

We have a vacant room in our house. I called an informal family gathering to share ideas for this open space. My daughter immediately said, without a blink of the eye, "I thought it would be your scrapbooking room." I noticed my husband wince. "Or a workout room," she added. He said "a workout room." Funny how no one asked me what I thought. So I spoke up and said I had some ideas too.

"It could be a guest room with a bed and our grandchildren could use it when they spend the night. We could put the toys and their things in there. Or we could put shelves from the ceiling to the floor and place ALL of our books in there. It could be our library. Or it could be our dining room. We could put our table and the china hutch in there." The wincing became louder with each of my suggestions.

It will become a workout room ... one of these days. My husband plans to pull up the carpet, scrape the popcorn ceiling, paint the walls and add some sort of special flooring. We have some exercise equipment already (that's the good part).

1 comment: