Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tonight I emptied a large pantry (the white cupboards you can buy and have to put together) and filled it with scrapbooking material.

I haven't scrapbooked for quite some time. One of the main reasons why is that my materials were not easy to get to.

Hoarders collect things and can't get rid of items to the point of not being able
to use those precious things! They can't use them because it's inconvenient to
get to them. Once you can't get to them anymore you forget what you have and
so you get more. Thus the collection grows.


Next step (or at some place in time .... further down the road?) will be to find a new home for the things I plan to keep (and removed from the white pantry).

PURGING
I threw away: coloring books, childrens books that were falling apart, Science experiment tidbits

I'm donating: Easter grass, some children's books, fingerpaint paper, contact style paper to cover books with


I'M HAPPY ABOUT
being able to SEE what I have (for scrapbooking)
having all my scrapbooking materials in ONE place
being able to GET TO my scrabooking materials !!
having my children's books out and accessible for when my grandkids come over!
seeing a neat & tidy shelf in my dining room (where the coloring books and children's books are now)

1 comment: