Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Good Information

I am obsessed with collecting information.

Today I was at the public library and I saw bookmarks from the Friends of the Library that had dates of the last two warehouse book sales this year. My immediate thought was: this is good information to know and to share! So I took one bookmark. As I was getting into my vehicle I decided that I would "do something" with this information ASAP or throw out the bookmark.

This evening I was at Sprouts and I passed the table with flyers and information about upcoming health related classes. I picked up a brochure. It listed several FREE classes for healthy eating and promoting healthy families. THIS IS GOOD INFORMATION for my daughters and their families, I thought. And best of all it's FREE!

I made myself deliver this information on the day I picked it up. I composed an e-mail and sent it off to my family members with this "good to have" information. I contemplated whether or not I should keep the paper and the bookmark (in case I would need it in the future) ... no! I threw them away. I had used them for the purpose I picked them up.

Throwing away those "hard copies" of information was a BIG step for me. Maybe some day down the road I will not have to pick up papers with information that I think someone else MAY want to know about.

Being responsible for the whole world is one of the many burdens that a hoarder subconsciously carries.

1 comment: