Saturday, December 8, 2012

Apparently This is My Pattern

I did marathon decluttering today. Most of the work was in my bedroom (on my side of the room) ... and the location was MY idea! Boo yah! 

Oh my goodness! So much dust!! Ech! Filled a 13 gallon trash bag, two plastic bags, 1/2 of another 13 gallon trash bag ... all garbage. Threw away a plastic laundry basket that was on the bottom of a pile of stuff. It was broken on one end and warped out of shape. I also threw away a bankers box and lid (which had seen better days). 

I have a bag full of old medication (which I would have flushed down the toilet), that I will take to my pharmacy to see if they can dispose of it  ... since it is not good for our health (water wise) to flush any more. 

I decided to let go of the all the items in the old "cold weather" box. I had a little bit of a sentimental reaction. This box held mittens and warm gloves of all sizes, winter hats and some scarves. 
A box full of memories:  
  • trips to the snow
  • trips to Prescott (when it was cccold) 
  • cold nights of Christmas caroling
  • shopping for our Christmas tree (on a cold night)     
Gave some items away to two of my daughters. 

My husband found a BRAND NEW cordless drill that he had stuck in a crack (yep, been there, done that) and was thrilled out of his mind! He also found some bags of coins (a couple of them). He came upon Julianne's seed collection. I'm glad he found it .. I may not have been able to deal with it right now. He gave it to Julianne, she laughed and looked at it. And guess what... she didn't want to keep it! Actually I would have been shocked if she did. 

I asked Hubby if he would buy me new window coverings for our bedroom window as my reward for working so hard. He said ... yes! 

Day Thirteen: goal met

No comments:

Post a Comment