Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Unbelievable!

This evening I worked with my husband to clear out what we call "the room." It was originally our back porch, now enclosed, and used as a storage area. 

We went through piles, boxes, bags, baskets, trays and other assorted containers to see what was inside each one. Approximately one- third of what we found was thrown away. Another third was kept and the rest was set aside for a Goodwill run. 

Thrilling discoveries we uncovered: a beautiful autumn wreathe (that I had forgotten I even had!!), the port-a-potty we borrowed from my parents the last time we camped (many years ago!), a brand new hammer (in an unmarked box! -- most of the boxes are labeled ... well, the ones I had packed were labeled), many Christmas gift bags and a cassette tape of our son asking me questions (from when he was about 9 years old). 

We did not open every single box or purge every nook and cranny, but we made a huge dent in processing this room! It was fun to do it together and share in the laughter of seeing just what was lurking in this room for ages.  

Day Two: goal met

No comments:

Post a Comment