Thursday, September 9, 2010

Change of Plans

I intended to start ranting today, to write about everything that is irritating me. Believe me, if I got started listing all my irritations, I would come up with a really long list. On the other hand, if I choose to think about what I have to be thankful for .. I could come up with a list that would be just as long, if not longer.

I will choose to STOP this little pity party I have been in. I will put away the decorations and take off my "party dress" and hat. I will pick up a dish rag and start washing dishes. I will sweep and wet mop the floors. I will express my blessings OUT LOUD as I go about my tasks.

If I had no food to eat, I'd have no dishes to wash.
If I had no home to live in, I'd have no floors to clean.
If I had no running water, I'd have no toilets to clean or sinks to shine.
If I didn't have my health, I wouldn't be able to do the many tasks at hand.
If I didn't have eyesight, I wouldn't be able to see the ones I love.
If I didn't have hearing, I wouldn't be able to hear "I love you Grandma."
If I didn't have working air conditioning in my home, I would be very, very miserable.
If I didn't have a relationship with God, I would feel hopeless.

Today is the FIRST day of the rest of my life.
It's going to be a grrrrrreat day!




1 comment: