Wednesday, September 2, 2009

One Woman's Hoard IS Another's Treasure

Once upon a time Princess House Crystal was all the rage with my circle of friends. I attened and even hosted some in-home parties in an effort to build my collection. There was one particular set that captured my heart ... the hand blown punch bowl set. The bowl was set on a pedestal base and included twelve matching glasses. How I longed to see it in my china hutch!



I don't remember the requirements to obtain this magnificent set, except that it was available to hostesses ONLY. It could not be purchased by just anyone who wanted to have it.



Eventaully I was triumphant in acquiring this crystal treasure! It was beautiful and I had the perfect place reserved for it. Not only did I delight in seeing it in my dining room, but guests would be transfixed on it's intrinsic value and offer adoring praise as well.



Since the punch bowl itself, was handblown crystal, it was very fragile. I brought it out and used it once but was so very anxious when I washed it after the party, that I did not care to use it again. In the china hutch it sat for many, many years.



That all changed on Monday. The magical hold that this inatimate object had on me was broken. I was ready to release it for someone else to enjoy. I posted a listing on Craig's List. Several inquirers responded immediately. One man was persistant. I am so happy that he is the one who bought this set.



He told me that his wife had seen the Craig's List ad last Thursday. She wanted the set as soon as she read about it. She asked her husband to respond. He didn't. They were going out of town and he didn't want to ask me to hold it for him. His wife could not get it out of her mind. She hoped he would contact me as soon as they crossed the Arizona border again. He didn't, but he had a plan. He had saved cash from their trip. He had the exact amount stashed away in his wallet. He contacted me first thing when he got to work on Monday in the hopes that I still had the set. I did. He wanted to surprise his wife. I wish I could've been a fly on the wall to see her face.



I am incredibly blessed by the work that the Lord is doing in me and in my heart.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool! I'm sure this lady was as thrilled to receive it as you were to release it! :)

    ReplyDelete